Its time again for the Lagos Comicon and what is Comic-Con without a gaming exhibition.
This year its FIFA 17 and guess what, this is the last FIFA 17 tourney.
Think you can still climb into the top 4 on the FIFA leaderboards, what are you waiting for?
1st - #50,000
2nd - #30,000
3rd - #20,000
Register here for #1,500 or at the venue for #2,000.
1. There should be no fighting, cursing or trolling (with contestants).
2. Obey the judges at any given point in time and any complaints should be reported to them. If you feel that you have been unfairly treated, notify the Grand Umpire. DO NOT TAKE ANY CORRECTIONAL ACTIONS ON YOUR OWN.
3. Shouting of advice or observations during play is FORBIDDEN e.g pointing out that a player is tired in FIFA, the strategy that a player is employing etc.
4. No coaching allowed during gameplay.
5. Please ENSURE THAT AFTER YOUR GROUPING, YOU ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR GAME AS ABSENTEEISM WOULD LEAD TO A WALK OVER. We won’t tolerate a contestant coming to cause a scene after he has been walked over.
**Absenteeism is determined if your opponent is seated and ready to play and you are unavailable 5mins later.**
6. In the pools/group stages, if a contestant has played any of his/her matches, and then decides to forfeit his/her remaining match(es), HE/SHE WOULD AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT ANY PREVIOUS WINS HE/SHE HAS.
**A forfeit leads to a 2-0 win by the opponent.**
7. Players should remain in their seats immediately after their matches and report their scores before getting up.
8. Spectators should conduct themselves and not distract the players. Flaunting this rule would lead to the person being sent out of the venue.
Tournament format/Game rules
1. Players would be separated into groups of 4 (minimum) or 6 (maximum)
and play each other in a round robin format to accumulate points (3 for win, 1 for draw, 0 for loss). THE TOP 2 PLAYERS (players with the highest points) WOULD ADVANCE TO THE NEXT STAGE. Depending on the number of groups available, the best losers may be selected to complete the elimination stage participants.
2. Tie breaker rules: The following criteria (in order of priority) is used to determine rankings:
- Points accumulated
- Goals difference
- Head to head win
3. Game settings are as follows:
- Mode: Kick off
- Team: Club or country
- Half length: 4mins for group stage; 5mins for elimination stages
- Level: World class
- Multiplayer Camera: Tele Broadcast (unless the players involved both AGREE on another camera)
- Camera settings: Default
- Injuries: On
- Offsides: On
- Bookings: On
- Game speed: Normal
- Time of day: Day
- Weather: CLEAR
- Defence: Tactical Defending Only (Defaulters would forfeit the match)
- Goal Keeper Cursor: Allowed
- Preset formation: Allowed
- Custom tactics and set pieces: Allowed
- Custom formation/ editing player position: Not Allowed
4. Other rules:
- Players have 2minutes to set their formations and tactics before the start of the match.
- Players can pause ONLY ONCE during gameplay stoppage eg offside, throwing etc. to make formation changes. NO PLAYER SHOULD PAUSE DURING ACTIVE PLAY.
- Additionally, players can change formation one more time during gameplay breaks ONLY IF THEIR PLAYER IS INJURED OR GIVEN A RED CARD.
5. In the event where the game is interrupted e.g power failure, the following actions would be taken:
- If no goal has been scored and the game was in the first half, the whole game is replayed
- If a goal or goals have been scored, the following rules are followed.
Below the 25th minute (1st half) – Whole game is played
Above the 25th minute (1st half) – One half is played
Below the 70th minute (2nd half) – One half is played
Between 70th – 85th minute (2nd half) – In-game 15 minutes is played
Above 85th minute (2nd half) – Judge’s discretion
Note that in all cases stated above, the goals scored before the break are still retained and added to other subsequent goals.
6. All elimination stage matches up to quarter-finals, that end in a draw would be decided by a penalty shout-out.
7. Quarter-finals to grand finals matches that end in a draw would progress to extra time with the GOLDEN GOAL RULE. If there is still no goal, it moves on to penalties.